Experience Extended Pleasure
Premature ejaculation is experienced by 3 out of 10 American men. This condition is the inability to keep ejaculation from occurring during intercourse due to heightened stimulation of the nerves at the end of the penis. If your sex life is suffering from premature ejaculation, you can depend on us at Prime Male Medical. We can help extend the pleasure you receive and provide treatment that may be able to control premature ejaculation.
Causes of premature ejaculation include:
- Oversensitive gland in the penis
- Nervousness or tension during sex
- Fear of ejaculating rapidly
- Fear of not satisfying your partner
Is Premature Ejaculation the Same as Erectile Dysfunction?
Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction are two different conditions, both of which can have devastating effects on your sex life and sense of self. Erectile dysfunction involves the ability to get and maintain and erection. It may be caused by a number of contributing factors, some of which could be serious health concerns. Premature ejaculation does not affect your ability to get or maintain an erection. The issue here is that you climax too quickly, usually less than two minutes after beginning sexual intercourse.
Can I Manage Premature Ejaculation Myself?
We understand that it can feel unnerving, intimidating, or downright embarrassing to talk to anyone about premature ejaculation. Keep in mind, however, that avoiding the consultation that needs to take place only prolongs the frustrating problem of poor sexual performance. Premature ejaculation, though it may involve orgasm for you, may have negative effects on your intimate relationships. While the best course of action is to talk to a healthcare provider who specializes in men's health, particularly men's sexual health, there are strategies that you can try to see if your performance improves.
When considering home remedies for premature ejaculation, it is imperative that you understand not all work, nor are all strategies safe. Some may come with risks that aren't worth the effort. Some of the ways that men have tried to manage this condition include:
- Topical desensitizing products. This strategy may be useful if premature ejaculation is caused by an overly-sensitive penis. The topical product may be applied as a pre-soaked wipe, a cream, or a spray. At the core of this method is an agent like benzocaine. Though this mild analgesic (numbing cream) may offer some prolonged sensations, there is a risk of tissue irritation and also diminished libido.
- Condoms. Because condoms create a barrier to the nerves that are involved in sexual stimulation, wearing a condom at all may help prolong erection and sexual intercourse. Depending on the degree of sensitivity, you may wear a thicker condom or a special condom that contains a numbing agent. Again, here, you may need to consider the risk of irritation.
- Supplements for premature ejaculation. You may come across various supplements online that claim to correct premature ejaculation. Some may be healthy when used as directed. Zinc, for example, can be good for your health when used appropriately. More is not better; and, even with consistent use, Zinc is not guaranteed to work. It's merit is that it may help with low testosterone. However, most cases of premature ejaculation are not related to hormonal imbalance.
Can Strengthening the Pelvic Floor Help Control Premature Ejaculation?
Several studies have found that weak pelvic floor muscles could contribute to premature ejaculation. The pelvic floor muscles are involved in controlling the amount of blood flow to the penis during arousal, thereby naturally controlling how quickly ejaculation occurs. If your pelvic floor muscles are weak, your ability to delay ejaculation may be diminished. This isn't nearly as uncommon as it may seem. Unlike women, men are not taught the importance of pelvic floor strengthening. Even with education, it's quite difficult to identify which muscles to isolate and how to squeeze and release in the right way to achieve the intended result.
All is not lost. Here at Prime Male Medical, men can address premature ejaculation and other conditions via Emsella® for Men treatment. Using this modality, you don't have to think about a thing. The HIFEM (high-intensity focused electromagnetic) technology that powers the Emsella chair stimulates deep pelvic floor muscles and restores neuromuscular control. Treatments are fast, painless, and effective.
While the condition has no underlying medical problems, it’s important you receive medical treatment for premature ejaculation. With Prime Male Medical, we can resolve your problem so you can enjoy your sex life to the fullest. When you feel confident in bed, helps you feel confident in all aspects of your life.